2014 Seeley Summit Speakers Announced
The board of Cornell University’s Seeley Summit have announced the schedule for this year’s Summit including the full slate of speakers and online registration is now available. The Seeley Summit will take place June 22-24, 2014 in Lisle, Ill.
The Board of Cornell University’s Seeley Summit have announced the schedule for this year’s Summit including the full slate of speakers and online registration is now available at www.seeleysummit.com.
The Seeley Summit will take place June 22-24, 2014 in Lisle, Ill. This year’s topic is “Water: Horticulture’s Next Game Changer?”
Water will surely be the game-changer of the next 25 years. The Seeley board has made a concerted effort to invite speakers from across the green industry: greenhouse, nursery, landscape and allied trade as well as water experts outside our industry.
This year's speakers include:
• Bryan Silbermann, president and CEO of Produce Marketing Association;
• Lyn Clancy and Nora Mullarkey, Lower Colorado River Authority;
• Bob Dolibois, formerly executive vice president of the American Nursery & Landscape Association;
• Jerry Halamuda, CEO and president of Color Spot Nurseries;
• Al Gerace, CEO of Welby Gardens;
• Hugh Gramling, formerly executive director of Tampa Bay Wholesale Growers;
• Ron Griffin, professor of water resource economics at Texas A&M University;
• John Lea Cox, professor of nursery research and extension at the University of Maryland;
• Charles Bauers, owner of Flowers by Bauers;
• Bill Phillimore, executive vice president for Paramount Farming Co.; and
• Jeffrey Bruce, owner of Jeffrey L. Bruce & Co.
The Seeley Summit is intended to promote discussion of issues important to the future of commercial floriculture. The meetings are structured to foster discussion by industry leaders and increase the level of understanding of topics through presentations by speakers with a wide range of backgrounds and experiences. The goal of the Summit is to better prepare attendees to make decisions on issues that have a great impact on their businesses and the industry as a whole.
For more information regarding the 2104 Seeley Summit visit www.seeleysummit.com.