Conference Funds Research
Using funds generated from the New England Greenhouse Conference and Expo, New England Floriculture, Inc., sponsors of the New England Greenhouse
Conference and Expo, has awarded grants to six research and educational efforts. In total, $15,843 was awarded to New England State University faculty and staff to support research and projects designed to benefit the floriculture industry. The following are the 2006 recipients:
- Nancy Adams. National Speaker for New Hampshire's Ornamental Horticultural Industry. New Hampshire $2,000.
- Doug Cox. Response of Annuals to Water Containing Elevated Levels of Sodium and Chloride. Massachusetts. $3,012.
- George Elliott. Soil Moisture Sensors for Advanced Irrigation Management. Connecticut. $2,031.
- E. Groden and Lois Stack. Biological Control of the Lily Leaf Beetle in Maine. Maine. $3,800.
- Brian Maynard. Irrigation Technology for the URI Greenhouse Education/Extension Facilities. Rhode Island. $3,000.
- Robert Wick and S. Slinski. Sanitizing Capabilities of Hydrogen Peroxide, Chlorine Dioxide and formulated Hydrogen Peroxide (XeroTol). Massachusetts. $2,000.
The next New England Greenhouse Conference, sponsored by New England Floriculture, Inc. will be held on Nov 1-3, 2006, at the Centrum Center in Worcester, Mass. This event features educational seminars plus a tradeshow. For more information visit www.negreenhouse.org.