Fides North America in Santa Paula, Calif.
Fides North America recently announced effective Jan. 1, 2005 it will consolidate its presence in the market by managing the Santa Paula, Calif.-based greenhouses and trial gardens that formerly belonged to Twyford International location in.
Facilities will be utilized for the following purposes:
- Fides North America commercial activities office.
- Rooting station for all Fides products and other companies’ products upon special order.
- Shipping consolidation to reduce freight charges.
- Pack trial and variety testing location.
- Production of Garden Spice and Carnelia pot carnation cuttings and other crops that cannot enter the United States on regular basis due to pest quarantine regulations.
- Primula production from seed and other new crops.
As part of this new agreement, commercialization of Kirin’s Double Wave, calibrachoa Colorful Expressions and other products is now possible through Fides North America. Customers will continue to be served from the Costa Rica operations, and orders must be placed through the usual contacts.