Mark Your Calendars!
Purdue University will be sponsoring several important industry events over the next few months. Mark your calendars for the following events:
The 2008 National Poinsettia Cultivar Trial Grower Open House will take place from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. on Saturday, Dec. 6, at the Purdue University Research Greenhouses in West Lafayette, Ind. For more detailed information, check out: www.poinsettiatrial.org.
The 2008 Consumer Poinsettia Open House will take place from 1 p.m. to 5 p.m. on Sunday, Dec. 7, at Purdue University’s Horticulture Greenhouse Potting Room in West Lafayette, Ind. This year’s open house will feature 99 poinsettia cultivars including 27 new and experimental from Ecke, Florema, Dümmen, Selecta, Syngenta and the University of Connecticut. In addition, the open house will feature 10 cold finished cultivars from Ecke, Florema, Dümmen, Selecta and Syngenta, as well as poinsettias produced using environmentally friendly production techniques, whitefly preference and rhizoctonia studies.
The Indiana Green Expo, a comprehensive green industry educational program and trade show, will take place Jan. 12 to 14, 2009, at the Indiana Convention Center in Indianapolis. Early-bird registration ends Dec. 31, 2008. IFGA members receive a reduced rate. For more information, visit www.indianagreenexpo.com.
More like this
- Upcoming Trials Highlight New Introductions, Established Variety Comparisons and Best Practices
- North American Poinsettia Trials Open Houses Scheduled
- Select Your Winter Holiday Hot Sellers during the 2009 National Poinsettia Trials
- University of Florida to Host Poinsettia Field Day
- Reminder: National Poinsettia Trials Begin This Week!