New England Greenhouse Conference to Feature “Meet the Experts” Sessions
Want to talk shop with industry experts? Workshop speakers and local industry experts will be available to spend some one-on-one time with growers — answering questions and sharing ideas — as part of the New England Greenhouse Conference and Expo’s “Meet the Experts” sessions.
The sessions will take place Thursday and Friday, Nov. 6 and 7. On Thursday, the following experts will be available (consult program for specific times):
- Kurt Fromherz, Sunrise Marketing, on “Competitive Marketing”
- Sharon Douglas and Wade Elmer, CT Agricultural Experiment Station, on “Plant Diseases”
- Colleen Armstrong, University of Vermont, on “Integrated Pest Management”
- Brian Krug, UNH Co-Op Extension, on “Green” growing and marketing
- Neil Mattson, Cornell University, on “Floriculture Nutrition and Fertility”
- Mark Hutchinson, University of Maine Co-Op Extension, on “Composting”
- Richard McAvoy, University of Connecticut, on “Plant Growth Regulators”
- George Elliot, University of Connecticut, on “Floriculture Nutrition & Fertility”
On Friday, the following experts will be available:
- Mark Bridgen, Cornell University, on “Field Cut Flowers”
- Cheryl Smith, University of New Hampshire, on “Insects and Diseases”
- Vern Grubinger, University of Vermont, on “Greenhouse Fuel Alternatives”
- Andy Senesac, Cornell University, on “Weeds”
- John Bartok, Engineering Consultant, on “Greenhouse Water Systems”
- Gerry Palano, MA Department of Agricultural Resources, on “Funding Opportunities”
- Tina Smith, University of Massachusetts, on “Floriculture Pest Control”
- Doug Cox, University of Massachusetts, on “Floriculture Nutrition”
- Leonard Perry, University of Vermont, on “Perennials, Hardiness and Overwintering”
New England Greenhouse Conference & Expo is sponsored by the Extension programs of the six New England State Universities plus New York State and New England Floriculture, Inc.
For more information, visit http://www.negreenhouse.org.