AFE Issues Call for Pre-Proposals for 2014-2015
The American Floral Endowment (AFE) has issued a call for “pre-proposals” for 2014-2015 funding. For the current 2013-2014 cycle, AFE is funding approximately $224,000 for floriculture research. Scientific research project examples include :
- Management protocols for floriculture crops;
- Management systems for diseases of floriculture crops;
- Management systems for insects affecting floricultural crops;
- Post-harvest management systems for floriculture and plant breeding; and
- Genetic engineering of floricultural crops;
A full list of scientific research priorities can be found on the AFE website. Research projects can last from one to three years, and any reasonable but justifiable budget will be considered.
Pre-proposal applications are available on the AFE website and are due no later than June 1, 2013.
Final research reports from previously funded AFE projects are available free of charge. For more information, visit www.endowment.org.