AIB Deadline Quickly Approaching
Has your city registered to participate in this year’s program to earn its recognition as an America In Bloom (AIB) award-winning place to live? If not, registration is still open until Feb. 28, 2007.
Participating AIB towns have experienced positive changes in their communities, according to AIB. The kinds of improvements and their intensity may vary, but often include increased levels of civic pride and community involvement, increased property values, decreased vandalism and cooperation among residents, organizations businesses and the municipality.
Here’s how it works. Your community:
- Registers to participate in AIB.
- Pays a registration fee according to population size.
- Receives information and guidance from AIB.
- Welcomes qualified AIB judges when they visit your community to evaluate its efforts.
- Sends representatives to a National Educational Symposium and Awards Ceremony.
- Receives recognition for your efforts.
- Is declared an AIB Champion if it receives the highest score in your population category.
- Receives a detailed report evaluating efforts, including recommendations for future activities.
Since 2001, AIB has encouraged and helped more than 130 communities from across the United States improve the quality of life for residents and visitors.
For more information and to register, go to www.americainbloom.org.