American Garden Award Voting Opens
The American Garden Award is continuing its mission to expose more consumers to the world of garden flowers with its ongoing flower popularity contest.
Now in its fourth year, there are 28 public gardens participating in the American Garden Award this year.
The American Garden Award provides a unique opportunity for the public to vote on a specific flower they think has the most appealing garden characteristics.
Each of the six “contestants” listed below are now planted in the participating gardens and are ready for public for voting which started on June 1.
There are three ways to vote: by texting a given code to a polling number; by going to www.americangardenaward.com and clicking on the flower of choice: and by using postage-paid voting postcards located at the garden.
The six entries are:
- Angelonia angustifolia ‘Serena Blue’ from PanAmerican Seed
- Begonia boliviensis ‘Santa Cruz Sunset’ from Ernst Benary of America
- Gazania ‘Big Kiss White Flame’ F1 from Syngenta Seeds
- Petchoa x hybrida ‘SuperCal Pink Ice’ from Sakata Ornamentals
- Petunia ‘Surfinia Deep Red’ from Suntory Flowers Ltd.
- Sunflower ‘Goldie’ F1 from Terra Organics
Voting is open until August 31 and winners will be announced in September.
The 2009, 2010 and 2011 winners can be viewed at www.americangardenaward.com/past_winners.cfm.