Around the Industry
New Plant Varieties Make Colorful Splash
Novalis, a professional horticulture trade consortium comprised of color, perennial and woody ornamental growers from across the United States, recently announced a select group of top new 2008 varieties as part of the Plants that Work by Color brand.
After advanced genetic development, 16 new plants were comprehensively trialed and chosen for their propensity to address common landscape challenges and the trend of color-foundational gardens, according to a Novalis press release.
The new plants are a response to many independent garden center retailers need for premium color that can stand the test of time and provide a vivid and unique splash of color in the landscape, according to Novalis founder and manager J. Guy.
The 16 top new Plants that Work by Color varieties for 2008 include :
- Angelonia Arcelia ‘Blue’
- Angelonia Arcelia ‘Pink’
- Angelonia Arcelia ‘Bicolor’
- Angelonia Arcelia ‘White’
- Angelonia Arcelia ‘Purple’
- Chocolate Cosmos atrosanguineus ‘Chocamocha’
- Chrysocephalum apiculatum ‘Desert Flame’
- Gaillardia Commotion ‘Tizzy’
- Gaillardia Commotion ‘Frenzy’
- Geranium Pansy-Faced PAC Angel Eyes ‘Bicolor’
- Geranium Pansy-Faced PAC Angel Eyes ‘Burgundy’
- Geranium Pansy-Faced PAC Angel Eyes ‘Orange’
- Geranium Pansy-Faced PAC Angel Eyes ‘Picotee’
- Osteospermum Oops-A-Daisy ‘Banana Split’
- Osteospermum Oops-A-Daisy ‘Creamsicle’
- Osteospermum Oops-A-Daisy ‘Dreamsicle’
To learn more about the top new Plants that Work by Color varieties, visit http://www.novalis.com/.
Bill Moore & Co., Inc. Celebrates 25 Years in Business
Bill Moore & Co., Inc., a company that sources and provides young plants to wholesale growers around the world, is celebrating 25 years in the industry. Bill Moore & Co., Inc., suppliers include some of the leading specialist propagators, both domestic and international. For more information, visit http://www.billmooreco.com/.