FleuroStar Contest Features Eight Entries
Fleuroselect has announced the eight entries in its FleuroStar Contest for 2013-2014 in the “winner with the ‘wow’ effect” category, which looks for the variety with the highest visual impact at retail.
The entries will be judged by at least 30 judges from the ornamental cultivation, production and retail sector as well as trade journalists and marketing professionals. Unique and point of sale potential are the main judging criteria.
The FleuroStar Contest will be held during the FlowerTrials at eight locations in the Netherlands and Germany: Dümmen, Fides, Fleuroselect stand at Combinations, Florensis, Jonge Planten GrÃ¼newald, PanAmerican and Kieft Seed, Sakata and Syngenta FloriPro Services.
Entries include :
- Impatiens x hybrida SunPatiens Compact White Improved (Sakata)
- Dianthus interspecific DiaDoble Crimson Picotee (Hem Genetics)
- Gerbera jamesonii Cartwheel Strawberry Twist (Syngenta Flowers)
- Pelargonium cultivars Perillo White Pink Splash (Selecta Klemm)
- Gentiana cultivars Luis Easy Blue (Selecta Klemm)
- Lupinus polyphyllus Mini Gallery Red (Clause)
- Campanula medium nanum Appeal Pink F1 (Sakata)
- Calibrachoa cultivars MiniFamous Double White (Selecta Klemm)
The winner will be announced at the gala dinner during the Fleuroselect Annual Convention from July 3-5 in Odense, Denmark.
For more information on the entries and the contest, visit www.fleuroselect.com.