Green Industry Professionals Support HRI
The Horticultural Research Institute, the research affiliate of the American Nursery & Landscape Association, recently held a summer benefit event in support of HRI’s annual giving program. The reception, which showcased significant milestones in HRI’s effort to develop a sustainable, biodegradable plant container for the green industry, raised $86,000 in support of the institute’s proactive research agenda, providing the nursery and landscape industry with a solid foundation for continued growth.
State and regional nursery and landscape associations Inc.reasingly turn to HRI to leverage their limited research budgets in support of horticultural research at the premier land grant universities across the United States. During the benefit, the South Carolina Nursery & Landscape Association donated $25,000; the Alabama Nursery & Landscape Association and the Michigan Nursery & Landscape Association also made significant donations. HRI would like to acknowledge the generous support of the following industry professionals:
- Gordon Bailey, Jr., Bailey Nurseries Inc., St. Paul, Minn.
- Dan Batson, GreenForest Nursery Inc., Perkinston, Miss.
- Josh Bracken Nicholson-Hardie, Dallas, Texas
- John Brailsford Jr., Shady Grove Plantation & Nursery Inc., Orangeburg, S.C.
- Nancy Buley, J Frank Schmidt & Son Co, Boring, Ore.
- James Conner, Alta Nursery Inc., San Jacinto, Calif.
- Bob Couch, Dayton Bag & Burlap Co, Dayton, Ohio
- Dale Deppe, Spring Meadow Nursery Inc., Grand Haven, Mich.
- Amy E. Frankmann, Michigan Nursery & Landscape Association, Okemos, Mich.
- George Hackney, Hackney Nursery Co, Greensboro, Fla.
- James Harwell III, Alabama Nursery & Landscape Association, Auburn, Ala.
- Wilbur Mull, Classic Groundcovers Inc., Athens, Ga.
- Jon Reelhorn, Belmont Nursery Inc., Fresno, Calif.
- Warren Quinn, American Nursery & Landscape Association, DC
- Greg Schaan, Imperial Nurseries, Granby, Conn.
- Robert E. Schutzki, Michigan State University, East Lansing, Mich.
- Robert Terry, Fisher Farms LLC, Gaston, Ore.
- Charles Tosovsky, Home Nursery Inc., Edwardsville, Ill.
- Bruce Usrey, Monrovia Growers Inc., Dayton, Ore.
For more information, visit HRI’s website.