HRI Accepting Grant Applications
The Horticultural Research Institute (HRI) is currently accepting grant applications for horticultural projects designed to improve the efficiency and profitability of the green industry. The deadline for applications is May 15, 2013. Horticultural research and promotion is essential to the success of horticultural professionals and businesses. Scientists are encouraged to submit proposals for research that may expand profit opportunities for the industry. Proposals for research can focus on:
- Radio frequency identification (RFID) in nursery crop production systems;
- Regulatory issues and emerging opportunities in the nursery and landscape industry;
- Environmentally responsible management practices;
- Research that increases nursery crop producers’ business and financial expertise;
- Research that expands the market for plant material; and
- Additional research opportunities listed on the HRI website.
HRI encourages collaborative research efforts and challenges scientists to focus their research on attainable outcomes that demonstrate a return on investment for all sectors of the industry. Grant awards typically range from $5,000 to $35,000. Grant applications must be completed on the HRI website at www.hriresearch.org.