HRI Asks for Research Proposals
The Horticultural Research Institute (HRI) is now accepting research project proposals designed to improve green industry efficiencies and profitability. Proposals for the 2015 grant cycle are due no later than June 1, 2014.
Researchers are encouraged to submit proposals for research in the areas of horticultural marketing and consumer purchasing practices, pest and disease management and control, and sustainable production and environmental resource management. Projects may include, but are not limited to:
- Research that expands the market for plant material;
- Research that increases crop producers’ business and financial expertise;
- Environmentally responsible management practices;
- Radio frequency identification (RFID) in crop production systems; and
- Regulatory issues and emerging opportunities in the horticulture industry.
Applicants are also encouraged to present projects that are collaborative research efforts and demonstrate a return on investment for all sectors of the horticulture industry. Grant awards typically range from $5,000 to $35,000.
For more information or to view the grant application, visit the HRI website.