GPN/Nexus Intern Scholarship Deadline Extended
The deadline for applying for the 8th annual GPN/Nexus Intern Scholarship has been extended until this Friday, Nov. 10, 2006.
The scholarship award winner will receive a check for $3,000 and an expense-paid trip to the OFA Short Course, July 14-17, 2007, and a 4-day Short Course registration, compliments of OFA.
To be considered for the scholarship, applicants must meet these requirements:
- Enrolled in a 4-year accredited university during 2005-2006 and 2006-2007.
- Working on an undergraduate degree in floriculture.
- Completed a greenhouse internship in 2006.
If all requirements are met, interested applicants should send the following to the address below:
- A cover letter stating what university he or she attends and requesting consideration for the scholarship.
- A letter of recommendation on university letterhead from his or her academic advisor.
- A minimum 1,000-word essay describing the internship experience including the company where the internship took place, what the student’s responsibilities were and what the learning experience was like. Essays will be judged by a panel of industry experts on the quality of the experience, knowledge gained and the ability to describe the experience.
Send the package postmarked by Nov. 10, 2006, to: GPN/Nexus Intern Scholarship, c/o Tim Hodson, 3030 W. Salt Creek Lane, Suite 201, Arlington Heights, IL 60005.
For further information, contact Tim Hodson at firstname.lastname@example.org or (847) 391-1019.