GPN and Nexus Corp. are looking for an undergraduate college student who has recently completed a floriculture-related internship. Do you know a hard-working student that has completed an internship and is worthy of a scholarship for his or her efforts? If you do, that student may be eligible for the GPN/Nexus Intern Scholarship.
The GPN/Nexus Intern Scholarship program recognizes a deserving college student who is working toward a green industry-related degree. The winner is selected by a panel of industry experts and will receive a check for $3,000. The honoree also will be the subject of the cover story in the January 2007 issue of GPN.
Along with the check, the scholarship award winner also receives an expense-paid trip to the OFA Short Course, July 14-17, 2007, and a 4-day Short Course registration, compliments of OFA.
To be considered for the scholarship, applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Enrolled in a 4-year accredited university during 2005-2006 and 2006-2007.
- Working on an undergraduate degree in floriculture.
- Completed a greenhouse internship in 2006.
If these requirements are met, interested applicants should send the following to the address below:
- A cover letter requesting consideration for the scholarship and stating what college or university he or she attends.
- A letter of recommendation on university letterhead from his or her academic advisor.
- A minimum 1,000-word essay describing the internship experience including the company where the internship took place, what the student’s responsibilities were and what the learning experience was like. Essays will be judged by a panel of industry experts on the quality of the experience, knowledge gained and the ability to describe the experience.
The deadline for submissions is Oct. 31, 2006. Entry packets should be sent to: GPN/Nexus Intern Scholarship, c/o Tim Hodson, 3030 W. Salt Creek Lane, Suite 201, Arlington Heights, IL 60005
If you have additional questions, contact Tim Hodson at firstname.lastname@example.org. or (847) 391-1019.