OHP Introduces New Biological Insecticide
OHP Inc. recently introduced the immediate availability of a new formulation of Azatin O biological insecticide. As the latest addition to the OHP product portfolio, it replaces Azatin XL and features several upgrades.
New features include :
- OMRI Listed can be used in organic production, and can be applied up to and including the day of harvest (0 day PHI);
- Registration in New York and California, and all other states;
- The highest concentration of azadirachtin available 4.5 percent for Azatin O vs. 3 percent or less for competitive products;
- 175 grams of azadirachtin per gallon, compared to 128 grams or less for competitive products; and
- Rate flexibility compared to competitive products.
Azatin O can be used for broad-spectrum insect control on ornamentals, fruit and vegetables including berries, herbs and spices. An insect growth regulator, Azatin O controls the larval stage of many tough pests such as aphids, thrips, whiteflies, scale, grubs, borers, stink bugs, chafers, grasshoppers, leafhoppers, psyllids and many Lepidoptera species.
Azatin O is compatible with most beneficial insects. OHP will maintain Azatin XL federal and state registrations for a period of time so growers can deplete their inventories. Azatin O is packaged in a quart bottle and carries a four-hour restricted entry interval.
To learn more, go to www.ohp.com.