PPA Selects 2007 Landscape Award Winners
Every year the PPA, a professional trade association dedicated to improving the perennial industry through education, reviews landscape design submissions from its members. The designs that most effectively utilize herbaceous perennial plant material are chosen as winners. All entrants are encouraged to show effective uses of new cultivars, color combinations, textures, and seasonal combinations.
The projects are divided into 11 categories based on residential, commercial, educational or temporary and seasonal designs as well as price of production. A judging panel of horticulture, design and perennial experts determined whether design submissions were worthy of Merit or Honor Award status, with no more than one honor award being granted per class.
This year, 10 merit awards and six honor awards were granted for excellent designs. The winners were all presented with a plaque at the symposium and trade show.
The Merit Award winners are:
- Janet Rogers, Farmington Country Club, Charlottesville, Va.
- Marion G. Mullan, Mullan Nursery Co., Inc., White Hall, Md.
- Nick McCullough, McCullough’s Landscape & Nursery LLC, New Albany, Ohio
- Miriam Yekutiel, Green Surrounding, Brewster, N.Y.
- Craig Dupee, Archdruid Design, Trenton, N.J.
- Will Clarke, Perennial Solutions, North Falmouth, Mass.
- Patricia Clark, ASLA, Goldner Walsh, Inc., Pontiac, Mich.
- Shawn R. Heslin, Chux Landscaping, Inc/Springbrook Farms, Pine Brook, N.J.
- Brenda Adams, Gardens By Design, Homer, Alaska
- Mark Moore, Green Earth Landscaping & Design, Inc., Montville, N.J.
This year’s Honor Award winners include :
- John Michler, Michler’s Gardens & Greenhouses, Lexington, Ky.
- Christie Dustman, Christie Dustman & Company, Roslindale, Mass.
- Phyllis Odessey & Eun Young Sebazco, Randall’s Island Sports FDN., Randall’s Island, N.Y.
- Jeffrey Charlesworth, Back to Nature Landscape Assoc., Oldwick, N.J.
- Michael Fleischacker, Back to Nature Landscape Assoc., Oldwick, N.J.
For more information about PPA, call (614) 771-8431, (614) 876-8143 or E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.