PPA Elects New Board Members
The Perennial Plant Association recently announced the election of five new members to its board of trustees. The changes to the board took effect on Oct. 1, 2009.
- John Hoffman of Hoffman Nursery in Rougemont, N.C., has been elected PPA president
- John Friel of Green Leaf Plants in Lancaster, Pa., has been selected as president-elect. John previously held the office of director of the mid-Atlantic region.
- Gary Lewis of Phoenix Perennials & Specialty Plants in Richmond, B.C., Canada, has been elected director of the Canada region.
- Janet Draper of the Smithsonian Institution in Washington, D.C., has been elected director of the mid-Atlantic region.
- Jimmy Turner of Texas' Dallas Arboretum has been elected director of the Southern region.
The PPA is dedicated to the improvement of the herbaceous perennial industry by providing education to enhance the production, promotion and use of perennial plants. For more information about the PPA, visit www.perennialplant.org or contact the PPA office at (614) 771-8431 or by e-mail.