The Trustees of the Joseph Shinoda Memorial Scholarship Foundation have announced the recipients of the 2007-2008 Shinoda Foundation Scholarships. These scholarships are given to students studying floriculture, horticulture and related fields. Eight students received a total of $20,000 to assist in funding their upcoming academic year.
Here are the scholarship recipients:
- $5,000 to Jessica Goebel, senior, Horticulture major, Kansas State University
- $3,500 to Kimberly Oellerich, junior, Horticulture major, Pennsylvania State University
- $3,500 to Jessica Pries, senior, Horticulture & Agriculture Education double major, University of Wisconsin – River Falls
- $2,500 to Janelle Burkard, senior, Horticulture major, South Dakota State University
- $1,500 to Kristin Phillips, senior, Horticulture major, Texas Tech University
- $1,000 to Heather Moore, senior, Environmental Horticulture Science major, California Polytechnic State University
- $1,000 to Kestrel Lannon, senior, Environmental Horticulture Science major, North Carolina State University
- $1,000 to Christopher Shogren, sophomore, Environmental Horticulture major, California Polytechnic State University
In addition to the $20,000 in scholarship awards, 10 percent of each scholarship will be sent to the awardees’ departments. This additional funding is for the purpose of encouraging students to apply for future Shinoda Scholarships.
Information about making contributions to the foundation or about its scholarship program can be found at www.shinodascholarship.org .