It's that time of year: GPN and Nexus Greenhouse Corp. are again looking for that one special college student to be the 2010 GPN/Nexus Intern of the Year.
This is the 11th year that GPN and Nexus have partnered to recognize a deserving, exceptional college student who has completed a floriculture-related internship.
The 2010 GPN/Nexus Intern of the Year will receive:
- A $3,000 check, courtesy of Nexus Greenhouse Corp.
- His or her photo on the cover of GPN
- A feature-length profile in the January 2010 issue of GPN
- An expense-paid trip to OFA Short Course next July in Columbus, Ohio
- A four-day Short Course registration, compliments of OFA — an Association of Horticulture Professionals
To qualify for this scholarship, the student must:
- be enrolled in a four-year accredited U.S. college or university during the 2008-2009 and 2009-2010 academic years
- be working on a floriculture-related undergraduate degree
- have completed a greenhouse internship in 2009
Qualified applicants who would like to be considered for the 2010 GPN/Nexus Intern of the Year Award should submit the following materials:
- a cover letter requesting consideration for the scholarship, also stating what college or university the student is attending
- a letter of recommendation on university letterhead from the student's adviser
- a minimum 1,000-word essay describing the internship including where the student interned, key personnel the student worked with, what his/her responsibilities were and what the student learned during the internship
Once all of the criteria have been met, mail the scholarship applications to:
GPN/Nexus Intern Scholarship
3030 W. Salt Creek Lane, Suite 201
Arlington Heights, IL 60005
The deadline for submissions is Oct. 30.
If you have questions about the scholarship, e-mail Tim Hodson at firstname.lastname@example.org .