All greenhouse and nursery growers are welcome to attend the 2011 Indiana Flower Growers Association Bedding Plant Conference, which is scheduled for Wednesday, Feb. 16. The conference will take place at Heartland Growers, in Westfield, Ind. The early registration deadline has been extended to Jan. 30, 2011.
The 2011 Indiana Flower Growers Association Bedding Plant Conferenceis just around the corner! Scheduled for Wednesday, Feb. 16, the conference will take place at Heartland Growers, located at 2621 E. 186th St., Westfield, Ind. 46074.
On the agenda:
- Color up your annuals - Chris Currey and Roberto Lopez, Purdue University
- Growing bedding plants and hanging baskets with no heat? It may be possible in a high tunnel - Neil Mattson, Cornell University
- Color today, color tomorrow - Dean Bemis, Syngenta Flowers
- Florel on the drench side - Kasey Clemens, Purdue University
- Controlled-release fertilizers=controlled growth - Ariana Torres, Purdue Dept. of Horticulture & Landscape Architecture
- Fertilizer cost comparison, and tips to save on costs - Neil Mattson, Cornell University
- Benefits of heating a greenhouse with unit heaters - Neil Johnston and Randy Mich, Modine Manufacturing
- Chronic low-level ethylene exposure: Identifying and solving this problem in your greenhouse - Neil Mattson, Cornell University
- Update on new pest control materials and biological controls - Ray Cloyd, Kansas State University
- Scouting for environmental and insect problems in the greenhouse (Heartland Tour) - Roberto Lopez, Purdue University and Ray Cloyd, Kansas Statue University
Registration forms can be downloaded here .
The early registration deadline is Jan. 30, 2011. For additional information about this educational program or to register, please contact Colleen Martin at 765.494.1306.