“Leadership in the Recovery: What’s Next?” is the theme for the 2010 Big Grower Executive Summit scheduled to meet Feb. 21 to 23, 2010, at the Embassy Suites – Tampa/Brandon, Fla. The Executive Summit is produced by GPN/Big Grower and the Visions Group and is sponsored by Fafard, Syngenta, Goldsmith Seeds and Summit Plastic Company.
The owners and managers of some of the largest growing operations in North America will convene in Florida next month to discuss the challenges facing ornamental plant producers.
One of the highlights of this year’s Executive Summit is a Town Hall Meeting with Home Depot featuring Scott Manning, vice president of merchandising, and Don Blume, divisional merchandise manager, Home Depot National Lawn & Garden.
Some other highlights of the conference include:
- Goldsmith Seeds CEO Joel Goldsmith will present a special keynote presentation on where the industry is headed.
- Dr. Charlie Hall will present an update on the economy as well as scoring his predictions made during the 2009 Summit that took place in Charlotte, N.C.
- Kip Creel of Standpoint Marketing will explore the minds of the green goods consumer by presenting the results of a consumer focus group commissioned specifically for the big box vendor.
- Attendees will tour Riverview Flower Farms, a leading grower for Home Depot in Florida, to get an inside look at how this innovative grower successfully manages production, planning and forecasting, merchandising, order and inventory management, and new product introductions.
- An optional tour also is planned at Delray Plants.
To register for the 2010 Big Grower Executive Summit go to www.biggrower.com/executivesummit . If you have additional questions, please contact our event manager, Harry Urban, at (847) 954-7928 or email@example.com .