The American Floral Endowment is working with researchers, extension educators and representatives from the impatiens production industry to learn more about controlling impatiens downy mildew.
The American Floral Endowment (AFE) is working with researchers, extension educators and representatives from the impatiens production industry to learn more about controlling impatiens downy mildew.
AFE has compiled resources for growers, landscapers, and retailers, provided by Mary Hausbeck, Michigan State University; Margery Daughtrey, Cornell University; Colleen Warfield, Ball Horticultural Co.; Nora Catlin, Cornell Cooperative Extension of Suffolk County; Nancy Rechcigl, Syngenta Flowers Pro; and Aaron J. Palmateer, University of Florida.
Here are links to some of the resources:
- Illustrations of symptoms in production and landscape 
- Impatiens Downy Mildew Grower Guidelines 
- Preventive and responsive chemical control programs 
- A list of fungicides labeled for downy mildew control 
- FAQ’s for landscapers 
- Impatiens Downy Mildew in the Landscape 
- A Practical Approach for Landscaper Gardeners 
- Disease Prevention Schedule 
- Impatiens Downy Mildew landscape substitutions 
- Impatiens Downy Mildew Presentation 
- Managing Downy Mildew of Impatiens PPT (Large File) 
Additional updates will be posted on the AFE Facebook page.