The American Floral Endowment has recognized 17 students with scholarships totaling more than $30,000.
The American Floral Endowment (AFE) has recognized 17 students with scholarships totaling more than $30,000.
The 2013 recipients include:
- American Florists’ Exchange Scholarship ($2,000): Katrina Moldenhauer
- Julio and Sarah Armellini Scholarship ($1,000) and the Earl Dedman Memorial Scholarship ($1,800): Joshua Pecukonis
- Ball Horticultural Company Scholarship ($800) and the Harold Bettinger Scholarship ($1,800): Amy Miller
- Bioworks IPM/Sustainable Practices Scholarship ($1,100): David Roberts
- James Bridenbaugh Memorial Scholarship ($500): Ryanna Zoellner
- Fran Johnson Nontraditional Scholarship ($1,000): Allison Justice
- Long Island Flower Growers Association (LIFGA) Scholarship ($1,000): Christopher D’Angelo
- National Greenhouse Manufacturers Association (NGMA) Scholarship ($500) and the Lawrence “Bud” Ohlman Memorial Scholarship ($500): Joshua Henry
- Mike and Flo Novovesky Scholarship ($1,000): Jeremy Crook
- James K. Rathmell, Jr. Memorial Scholarship for Horticultural Work/Study Abroad ($3,100): Jessica Cudnik
- Seed Companies Scholarship ($2,300): Kyle VandenLangenberg
- John L. Tomasovic, Sr. Scholarship ($900): Keith Lukowski
- Edward Tuinier Memorial Scholarship ($4,300 split between two students): Kathleen Van Driessche and Robert Zannini
- Jacob and Rita Van Namen Marketing Scholarship ($1,000): Elizabeth Riley
- Vocational (Bettinger, Holden and Perry) Scholarship ($1,100): Richard Cadwalader
- John Carew Memorial Scholarship ($1,900) and the Richard T. Meister Scholarship ($2,500): Jared Barnes
AFE awards scholarships annually, and applications are due by May 1 of each year.
To learn more about each of the recipients and the different scholarships, please go to www.endowment.org .