Southeast Climate Consortium Updates Website
The Southeast Climate Consortium has done some housecleaning on their website. They have tweaked their domain name — AgClimate.org is now AgroClimate.org — and made some improvements. On the redesigned site, you can access new features and updated climate information.
Your first stop on the website should be at the recently released “Late Summer-Fall Climate Outlook.” The outlook, released by the consortium, covers:
- Current conditions in Florida, Georgia and Alabama
- Climate outlook
- Neutral conditions’ return to the Pacific Ocean
- Hurricane season outlook
Other new features include:
- Climate phase forecasts for the next three months
- Basic information about climate change and what it means for the Southeast.
- Movies showing the impact of El Niño and La Niña phases on rainfall and temperature across the country.
- Enhanced climate tools
- Improved help screens with “quick start” and background information for all tools.
- Within-season updates of “growing degree days” and “chill accumulation” based on data collected at FAWN stations.
Visit www.agroclimate.com to check out the new and improved website.