ANLA Convention Activities Announced
The American Nursery & Landscape Association (ANLA) is hosting its annual Convention & Learning Retreat at the Vail Marriott Mountain Resort & Spa, July 12-15, 2006, in Vail, Colo. Attendees can go to traditional ANLA events, visit friends and walk away learning the interesting business trends.
“A Fresh Perspective on the Future” kicks off on Wednesday, July 12 with the “Welcome to Vail” opening reception, followed by three days of educational sessions, tours and networking. The conference will feature interactive sessions on trends, innovations and personal growth to prepare green industry leaders in a time of rapid change in the industry and global economy. “Big Thoughts” speakers include world-renowned futurists and trend analysts, Jim Carroll and Mike Lipkin.
John Farner, ANLA director of legislative relations, and Craig Regelbrugge, senior director of government relations for ANLA, will lead a candid conversation on the status of the immigration reform issue and what it means in practical application for users of H2-A and H2-B labor. Tom Demaline, Willoway Nurseries Inc., Avon, Ohio; Ed Overdevest, Overdevest Nurseries Bridgeton, N.J.; and Shirley Peckosh, Pecks Green Thumb Nursery Inc, Cedar Rapids, Iowa will reflect on their recent exposure in the national press surrounding immigration reform.
Tom Hughes, Dwight Hughes Nursery, Cedar Rapids, Iowa along with 15 of his colleagues, will review a series of real-life ideas that have saved time, money and frustration in retail, growing, landscape and distribution business in the annual favorite, “Green Industry Fresh Ideas” session.
The Annual Meeting of the Senate is being held Wednesday, July 12, 2:00-5:30 p.m. and Thursday, July 13, 7:00-9:00 a.m.
Other highlights include:
- Betty Ford Alpine Garden Landscape Tour.
- ANLA Camp Vail: planned indoor and outdoor activities for children ages five to 16.
- Explorations around every corner of Colorado’s history, culture and outdoor recreation, including fly-fishing, horseback riding, hiking through wildflowers or a day of shopping and pampering at the spa.
- 18th Annual HRI Golf Classic benefiting horticultural research at the Vail Eagle Golf Club.
- “An Unforgettable Affair” Closing Gala & Award Dinner.
To request a brochure contact the ANLA Meetings Department at email@example.com or (202) 789-2900.