AAS Announces New Judges, Trials Locations and 2012 Summit Dates
All-America Selections has announced the dates for its 2012 Summer Summit. AAS also recently named its newest judges and trial locations. All-America Selections (AAS) has announced the dates for its 2012 Summer Summit. AAS also recently named its newest judges and trial locations.
All-America Selections’ 2012 Summer Summit will take place Aug. 7 through 9 in Michigan. The meeting will coincide with the Michigan Garden Plant Tour so attendees can also take part in this popular August event for breeders, brokers, growers and retailers.
The Summer Summit will begin in Lansing, Mich., with a tour of the Michigan State University Trials and Gardens then travel to C. Raker and Sons to see their extensive trials, including AAS Display Gardens at both locations.
The next day attendees will travel to the western part of the state to visit several growers and trial sites in the Kalamazoo and Grand Rapids area, including dinner at the Frederik Meijer Gardens and Sculpture Park.
During a recent AAS board meeting, new trial judges were presented for consideration and approved. They include :
- Angus Mellish, Vesey Seeds Ltd. – Mellish previously was a Vegetable Judge and has now been approved to also judge Flowers, Bedding Plants and Cool Season Bedding Plants.
- Bill Watson, Grimes Horticulture – Watson is now an AAS Vegetable Judge at the Grimes Horticulture office in Concord, Ohio.
- Peggy Huff, Johnny’s Selected Seeds – Huff is now the Flower Judge at the Johnny’s trial grounds in Albion, Maine.
- Laura Robles, Mast Young Plants – Robles has been approved as a Bedding Plant and Vegetable Judge at Mast’s trial grounds in Grand Rapids, Mich.
- Jessie Liebenguth, Iowa State University – Liebenguth was approved as a Flower Judge at Iowa State University’s Reiman Gardens.
- Diane Anderson, University of Illinois. – Anderson was approved as a Bedding Plant, Flower and Cool Season Bedding Plant Judge at the University of Illinois Arboretum
All-America Solutions also has approved three new public display gardens. The new display gardens are : University of Wyoming Garden, Laramie, Wy.; Tizer Botanic Garden and Arboretum, Jefferson City, Mon.; and University of Hawaii Urban Garden Center, Pearl City, Hawaii.
These three gardens are the first and only AAS Display Gardens in their respective states, bringing the grand total of states with an AAS Display Garden to 47.
For more information please go to the AAS website.
75 Applewood Drive, Suite A
P.O. Box 128
Sparta, MI 49345