Latest Vendor News
Syngenta Updates GreenCast
GreenCast (www.greencastonline.com), a Web-based technology from Syngenta Professional Products designed to help green industry professionals more efficiently run their business operations, is now even easier to use.
GreenCast users can gain valuable information in a central location that will help them to make more informed agronomic and business decisions. The redesign now provides users with the ability to customize the site to display only the tools and resources they choose for their operation. In addition, the site has new, market-specific pages dedicated to the golf, lawn and landscape, and ornamental markets so industry professionals can find information relevant to their markets faster. Resources available on GreenCast include :
- Feature articles – relevant industry perspective on topics ranging from employee management to the environment.
- News – information from around the industry, including top university programs.
- TechNotes – technical information on topics ranging from disease prevention to insect detection.
- Soil temperature mapping – zoom in and view soil temperatures for your area.
- Pest outlooks and alerts – forecast maps and news alerts for potential and probable pest outbreaks.
- Local weather forecasting – weather tools such as a crop moisture index and drought forecasting map, in addition to local, up-to-date weather conditions.
- 30-year disease mapping – anticipate the likelihood of destructive diseases and plan optimal preventive application timing using 30-year disease norms for your area.
Fine Americas Announces Address Change
Fine Americas, Inc., a producer of plant growth regulators, recently moved to a larger location in Walnut Creek, Calif., to serve its customers better in the long run. Fine’s new address is:
Fine Americas, Inc.
1850 Mount Diablo, Suite 405
Walnut Creek, CA 94596
Fine focuses on the development and marketing of plant growth regulators for fruit/vegetable and ornamental crops and strives to improve plant growth regulator technology to meet exacting demands of today’s growers. Products available in the United States are Piccolo, Fresco and Floragib for the ornamentals market, and Falgro, Perlan, Exilis and Novagib for the fruit/vegetable market. For more information about Fine and its products, visit .