NENA and HRI Start Grant Program
The Horticultural Research Institute (HRI) and the New England Nursery Association (NENA) have created the NENA Industry Growth Fund, a new type of grant program through HRI. The Industry Growth Fund was formally created at a signing ceremony during New England Grows in Boston earlier in February. The new purpose restricted fund was designed to allow grants to be drawn from both the interest and the principal as needed.
The new NENA/HRI Industry Growth Initiative is designed to support such projects as:
- “Local-to-NENA” platforms that build community and promote collaboration;
- Economic impact studies that bolster the industry;
- Marketing strategies that boost sales of plants and services;
- Research that provides scientifically proven answers to critical questions;
- Education to engage the next generation; and
- Programs to support and inspire tomorrow’s horticultural workforce.