Novalis Grower Consortium Augments Network
Novalis, Inc., a professional horticulture trade consortium made up of significant growers spanning the United States, officially announced that it has added two new growers to its alliance-based network. They are Gulley Greenhouse of Fort Collins, Colo., and Greenleaf Nursery Company of Park Hill, Ok., which also has nurseries in North Carolina and Texas.
The two new growers have joined the existing five others that make up Novalis to include The Conard-Pyle Company, Carolina Nurseries, Willoway Nurseries, Imperial Nurseries and Armstrong Growers.
The Novalis growers exclusively provide independent retailers with unique perennials and woody ornamental plants and are currently concentrating efforts on the rollout of the network’s new 2006 plant offerings which include the following:
- The Double Knock-out Rose (3-gallon new introduction)
- The Hydrangea Bits of Lace (3-gallon new introduction)
- 2 Big Sky Echinacea varieties (Sundown and Twilight)
- 3 Oriental x Trumpet Lily hybrids (Tropical, Shocking and Conca D’Or)
- 18 Plants that Work— In the Shade (Select shade-loving cultivars)
- 19 Plants that Work — Bring on the Heat (Select heat-resistant cultivars)
- 10 Twice as Nice Daylily selections (Perennials with unmatched color, form and bloom times)
These new offerings, along with hundreds of other colorful and robust plants from the Novalis network, are available at independent garden centers across the nation and address high consumer high for new collections of sustained variety and quality in every region. New packaging for 2006 Plants that Work includes a 6-pack of quart-sized containers with a sturdy handle as well as various 3-gallon programs.
Independent garden centers may opt for value-added co-marketing by combining their logos on tags or containers with the Novalis logo to build stronger and joint brand equity. Bench and rack options to grab consumer attention and display plants by variety are also available along with brand-specific collateral and POP materials.
Additionally, merchandise kits including such items as bench wraps, outdoor banners and counter literature holders with printed inserts are available and are custom-created, packaged and shipped directly to retailers.