Shinoda Foundation Awards 2009-10 Annual Scholarship
Seven horticulture students from across the nation have been honored with annual Shinoda Foundation Scholarships totaling $12,500. Only the highest caliber students are eligible, with winners selected from a pool of more than 20 applicants based on their superior academics, career goals, extracurricular activities, work experience and need.
“These students are the future of the industry, and we are pleased to be able to support their endeavors and bolster horticulture’s growth,” said Paul Ecke III, president of the Shinoda Foundation.
2009-10 Shinoda Foundation Scholarship recipients include:
- $5,000 to Hillary Snavely, Delaware Valley College
- $2,500 to Evan Schnabel, Iowa State University
- $1,000 to Amy Hinkle, Pennsylvania State University
- $1,000 to Rachel Caldwell, Delaware Valley College
- $1,000 to Casey Howard, Cal Poly, San Luis Obispo
- $1,000 to Mark Hudson, Cornell University
- $1,000 to Christopher von Kohn, Texas A&M University
As an incentive for educational institutions to encourage students to apply for future Shinoda Foundation Scholarships, 10 percent of each scholarship will be sent to the awardees’ departments, bringing the total funding awarded to $13,250.
In addition, Casey Howard received the annual California Floral Council (CFC) Scholarship.
For more information, visit www.shinodascholarship.org.